26.6.08

Thoughts

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Often I have been thinking this, and once when I still kept a diary, I even wrote these words. The credo always came to mind whenever I am unsatisfied with the situation I find myself in, and I feel a need for change. Regardless whether I feel I am in the need of a better condition, I want a new job, orI want to move or to loose weight: this credo always is an inner order for action.

And still, I frequently dream of how things in life could be better. In bad periods I occupy my mind with such pointless thoughts. Sometimes I start to plan actions, write down new years resolutions and share my intentions widely with friends. All these preparations are necessary to ensure that I truly realise the dream I have. But friends now that intentions often remain intentions. In better periods I tend to forget the dreams I have, and I realise that I like what I'm doing.



"Action speaks louder than words," as Mark Twain wrote, seems rationally a more attractive credo. It is strange but true: most good things in my life occur rather just because they happen, not because they are long time desired or even planned. But these things eventually often are the result of who you really are. Which often makes me wonder: are you the result of what you do, or are you the result of what you want to do.

Geen opmerkingen: