19.8.08

Back to work

Today I started to work again, after a couple of weeks of nice holidays! I spent my free days different from what I was used to during the past years, basically enjoying the summer (for what it was) in Amsterdam. It's good to be back at work - there's many things that need to be done - but to most of the things I'm looking much forward. A couple of weeks ago COC obtained consultative status with the United Nations, which means that we will now start to engage with various UN mechanisms. Amongst other activities I aim to facilitate access for colleage activists to relevant Human Rights fora - something which is much needed.





Uniquely, I've manage to spent over three weeks of my holidays in Amsterdam. As I enjoy being in the city this was a good experience. Have explored some sides of the city I didn't manage to see before (amongst which in particular culturally less responsible sites like a Shopping mall, the House of Horror and one of the biggest Cinemas in town to see Batman). Also I finished reading the autobiography of Bill Clinton - an interesting (but long) perspective into the life of an American president. Currently I'm reading 'Murder in Amsterdam' from the Dutch/Brittish author Ian Buruma, giving an interesting perspective on 'tolerance' in the Netherlands.




And of course there was Gay Pride in Amsterdam...which I watched from the side this year. My parents however were in the parade, on the 'Proud Parents' boat. My sister and I waved proudly back to them!

Geen opmerkingen: